Low Rev's - More Information.

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Low Rev's - More Information.
From: "Jason Gray" <jcagray@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 02 Oct 2006 07:22:42 -0700
All,

I'm having email challenges as I did send an update to the list with more
info, but I notice the email didn't hit the list.  Anyway I'll try again and
here is more data that may provide clarity.

It is a 57 BN4 with a 29D engine that I've had for 7 years.  I've never had
this problem before.

Firstly overdrive engages and disengages when I want it to, flipping the
toggle in 3rd or 4th.

My revs are dropping low in normal driving.  In my opinion there is no loss
of power.  It isn't as noticable on flat roads but on hills where I live it
is very noticable (as if overdrive has engaged).  Normally I would use 3rd
on these hills but revs drop so low that I've contemplated going into 2nd.
Even my wife told me to downshift!

Anyway I hope this provides some additional data and I welcome any advice.

thanks

Jason