Door Shut Face Finisher Set

To: "'David Nock'" <healeydoc@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Door Shut Face Finisher Set
From: "rjh" <rjh@hockertlaw.us>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2006 17:53:42 -0500
I am installing the shut face finisher set on my BJ8 and have found that the
outside vertical finishing piece is about 1/2" taller than the door sill.
Is this piece supposed to rest against the top of the door sill and be
attached directly with small pointed screws?  Any suggestions for filler
material?  Wood, key stock, foam? Or, leave it empty and attach the inside
piece to the outside piece along the top edge.

What is the correct vertical dimension for the outside shut face piece?
Have some shut face finisher sets been on the market that are not
dimensionally correct?

Thanks for your help.

Best regards,
Jim Hockert