Re: Door Shut Face Finisher Set

To: "John Sims" <ahbn6@optonline.net>, "rjh" <rjh@hockertlaw.us>
Subject: Re: Door Shut Face Finisher Set
From: "Rich C" <richchrysler@quickclic.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2006 20:34:17 -0400
Jim,
The new shut face pieces start out a bit too tall on purpose so you can do
some careful trimming and fine fitting at the bottom so all the pieces fit
well without unsightly gaps. I've also seen where a bit of trimming may be
needed along the outboard edges to get the best smooth even parallel fit
where the piping goes.

I'm enclosing a couple of pics of original alloy trim pieces and how they
fitted to a car with original metal. There should be no filler materials,
just the screws attaching the panel along the top edge of the inner sill and
along the stepped lip along the top edge of the outer rocker panel. Of
course the inner sill carpet will be glued in place first so the top step of
the horizontal threshold plate will sit on the outer edge of the sill
carpet.

Outside dimensions of these pieces can vary somewhat, hence the new panels
supplied a bit oversize.

I apologize for not giving credit for these excellent pictures, I can't
remember who supplied them.

I am sending this to John Sims to perhaps post with the pics so everyone can
see them.

Rich Chrysler