Seat Belts, Another Question

To: "Healeys Mail List" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Seat Belts, Another Question
From: "Len and/or Marge" <thehartnetts@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2006 16:15:17 -0800
All of this discussion on seat belts reminds me of a question I have wanted
to ask for a long time but have never gotten around to.  The seat belts in
my '67 BJ8 are normal over-one-shoulder and fastened to the provided
securing points.  What makes them different from any others that I have
seen is that the buckle is secured by a magnet.  One side is metal with the
end curled over (a wide 'J' shape).  The other side has a plastic latch
with magnets embedded in it. Hook the plastic in the 'J' and flip it over.
The magnets hold it closed.  They are a product of Kangol Magnet, Carlisle,
England.

Does anyone else have seat belts like this?  Was this a standard factory
installed seat belt or did a PO install an aftermarket product?

(The Other) Len
Vacaville, CA
1967 3000 MKIII HBJ8L39031