Re: Seat Belts, Another Question

To: "Len and/or Marge" <thehartnetts@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: Seat Belts, Another Question
From: "Alan Seigrist Blue 100" <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2006 09:46:06 +0800
Len -

I had Kangol Magnet inertia reel belts in my BJ8 about 20 years ago... I
bought them from SC Parts I think (maybe AH Spares but I don't think it was
SCP).  I stopped using them because the inertia reel didn't work all that
great with the BJ8 and the rear seat folding shelf.

Anyway, they were very nice belts and the magnet latch is a very nice set
up.  I don't believe they were factory belts (even for late BJ8s) -- they
were simply the only after market belts you could buy new from the UK in the
80's, that's probably why they are on your car.

Alan

'52 A90
'53 BN1
'64 BJ8