Re: Dual Master Cylinders

To: Awgertoo@aol.com
Subject: Re: Dual Master Cylinders
From: Magnus Karlsson <magnuskarlsson@bornet.net>
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2006 08:41:30 +0100
Michael,

It4s just like someone already described. If you only bleed one
circuit, the master cylinder of the other circuit
wont bottom out, which in turn will prevent the master cylinder of
the circuit that you are just bleeding to
bottom out as both cylinders are connected thru the balance bar.

However I have found that the easiest and most reliable way of
bleeding such a system is to put pressure
on the brake fluid cannister. This way one can bleed it alone just
like on an ordinary single circuit
system. This because you do not need to touch the brake oedal and the
pressure is applied thru the lid of
the cannister. Thus the two circuits will not interfere with each other.

Magnus Karlsson
Sweden