Re: [Healeys] Top Trunnion Needle Bearings

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Top Trunnion Needle Bearings
From: "Alan" <alanb@nfahc.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2007 17:14:48 +0100
 Guys.
FWIW, I can recommend this upgrade. Despite the theory that it shouldn't
make much difference, in reality fitting this kit to my BJ8 radically
reduced the steering effort when parking and improved the straight-ahead
stability when cruising. I can also state that the Cape kit is (IMO) better
than the AHSpares version. The Cape product has slightly less thickness
leaving room for accurate shimming.  My Cape kit came with shims provided.

I was so impressed with the result on the BJ8 that I bought another kit for
the 100-6 project car from AH Spares figuring, like you, that they would be
identical. The AH kit was too thick for one of my top trunnions on the 100-6
and came without shims which had to be bought separately. An alternative top
trunnion overcame the thickness difficulty.

Regards.........
            http://www.nfahc.co.uk