[Healeys] Petronix

To: "Healeys@Autox. Team. Net" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] Petronix
From: "Mark Goodman" <mkgoodman@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2007 03:50:40 -0400
I have had the Petronix system on my BJ8 for over a year now and am very
happy with it.  One thing that has not been mentioned concerning it versus
the standard points is that it compensates for distributor shaft "wobble".
If the shaft has a wobble with the points, it effects the points opening
distance (gap) and therefore, the optimum performance of the engine.  Since
the Petronix System uses a magnetic field to turn on a hall effect sensor,
the wobble has no effect on the operation of the engine.  I carry the set of
points and the condenser that I took off as an emergency, but I can see no
reason why I will never go back to them.  The Petronix System is something
that you install and then forget about.  If you find that your engine will
not start or performs badly, you can eliminate the condenser and points as a
thing to look at.  With the past experiences I have had due to the rotor
shorting to the distributor shaft, I carry three TESTED spares.  Thank you
Petronix for supplying a good trouble free ignition system.

Mark Goodman

66BJ8 35503