Re: [Healeys] Roadside failures

To: "John Sims" <ahbn6@optonline.net>, "David Nock"
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Roadside failures
From: "Quinn, Patrick" <Patrick.Quinn@det.nsw.edu.au>
Date: Thu, 15 May 2008 11:42:50 +1000
G'day

Thankfully have never hit a kangaroo, but have seen the mess they make.
Have hit a seagull at over 100mph - my speed not the seagull's.
Windscreen was a nice concave shape afterwards and covered in desiccated
bird. Didn't impress the young lady that was with me either.

Also hit a wombat once in a Mini Cooper I had. I like wombats and was
very saddened by that. It didn't worry me that the Mini had to be towed
away and was written off by the insurance company.

Out in the BN3 last night going to a club meeting. It was a clear night
and quite cold - perfect Austin-Healey weather. Took a Canadian
neighbour with me who was just thinking that he might buy an
Austin-Healey. Came back and he was talking about selling his house in
Canada.

Hoo Roo

Patrick Quinn
Sydney, Australia