Re: [Healeys] Roadside failures

To: "Richard Antal" <rantal243@yahoo.com>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Roadside failures
From: "Ron Osowski" <rosowski@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 14 May 2008 22:01:11 -0400
[Healeys] Roadside failuresMichelin XZX went egg-shaped while driving south on
I-75 at 75 mph.

Engine died immediately one fine Spring morning while accelerating through the
gears from a red light on U.S. 19.  Hitched a ride to work.  Subsequent fault
isolation revealed a "grenaded" 25D Lucas distributor...a centrifugal advance
weight had come loose and penetrated the cast distributor housing.