Re: [Healeys] Mark This Day -- Gasoline

To: "'Healeyguy'" <healeyguy@aol.com>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Mark This Day -- Gasoline
From: "Ron Davies" <rdavies1@cox.net>
Date: Mon, 26 May 2008 13:43:50 -0700
Hey, unfair, both comments were tongue in cheek :-)

Thanks for the correction. That's what I get for using the History Channel
as my source.

Ron

I love this list....For Healey content we just returned from the All British
Car day in Honolulu.  Fine gather of LBC's and several big and little
Healys. The gas guzzling 100 ran fine and I once again burned the top of my
bald head. Got to love that new skin that will arrive in about a week.

Now for a couple comments meant to stir the pot....

Ron wrote: Of course if every car lasted 20+ years that would be bad for the
auto
workers.

Sounds like the auto industry or lack thereof in Cuba

And added: Finally, ever since Ford decided to paint his cars another color
beside black, the consumers wanted change and variety every year.
I suppose that when gas hits $15 a gallon, black will be just fine again.

Actually Ford started manufacturing Model T's by offering multiple colors
but backed off later to save production time and cost.

Enjoy the weekend

Aloha

Perry