Re: [Healeys] fuel pump

To: "Freese, Ken" <Kendall.Freese@Aerojet.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] fuel pump
From: John Harper <ah@jharper.demon.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2008 16:58:34 +0100
Ken

This is more or less the same as I have on my 100 that was factory
converted to take the rare 15 gallon fuel tank when young. This has the
two outlet pipes as you describe and two normal long body SU electric
pumps.

However although this was changed by a previous owner there are two
period on/off toggle switches. I can see this from an old photograph. I
have the two switches back as they were.

So long as I keep more than about 3 gallons in the tank I have
resilience against pump failure. I normally run with the pump fed from
the higher pick-up pipe so that I have a reserve.

In theory I can turn both pumps on and get more flow but I have never
found this necessary.

One thing that is somewhat of a nuisance is that a standard sender unit
is fitted and because of the extra tank height which is about 1 1/4" the
gauge reads empty when I still have fuel available. I could lengthen the
float arm but then the set up would not be as the factory fitted.

Regards

--
John Harper