Re: [Healeys] O/D Installation

To: "'Healeys Healeys'" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] O/D Installation
From: "Peter Schauss" <schauss@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2008 20:06:15 -0400
Kenny,

You need to check that the thrust washer at the back of the overdrive case
has not slipped out of place.  Also, check that the splines on the various
pieces back there line up.  One other possibility is that the overdrive pump
may be hanging up on the pump drive cam.  I usually have to push down on the
pump a bit with a screw driver to insure that it clears the cam.

HTH,
Peter Schauss
1963 BJ7
1980 MGB