Re: [Healeys] Stuck water outlet cover,

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Stuck water outlet cover,
From: "Mark LaPierre" <lapierrem@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2008 22:35:59 -0400
I would suggest the PB blaster soaking for a couple of days then lock 2 nuts
onto the stud and try
and remove.    If that doesn't work then cut through the stuck part of the
thermostat housing to get to the frozen stud so you can then remove the
housing.

BE CAREFUL with those dremel cut off discs.    They tend to break up
unexpectedly and they
can fly anywhere.   A careful hammer and chisel may be safer.

You can get new studs at the usual venders or local parts stores.   I used
carb studs to replace
one of my studs when this same thing happened to me.

If you need to remove a stud a small stud remover kit should be a part of
everyones tool
set.

Mark