Re: [Healeys] Cars and Coffee

To: "'Quinn, Patrick'" <Patrick.Quinn@det.nsw.edu.au>, <Healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Cars and Coffee
From: "Ron Davies" <rdavies1@cox.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2008 12:40:20 -0700
Patrick:
August 9th? That's like a year ago in car days.
I'm not sure if I was that day. I try to go twice a month alternating
between my Healey and Aston Martin. I probably wasn't there that day as your
presence would have made a big stir and I would have remembered that.
I was one of the original founders of the Crystal Cove show (first 10 cars)
in my 67 BJ8 which was made up of pre-57 American classics.  After Car Crazy
did a TV show hundreds arrived every week so the Irvine Company kicked us
out about three years ago. That's when we were invited to the Ford parking
lot.
A great event that is unfortunately going to be over in about 10 months due
to Ford selling this or that so were are now looking for another venue.
We have had 11 big Healeys there, maybe more when I wasn't present. Georg
McHarris is almost always there and he would know.
As you saw, they organize it and have coffee etc for sale. They also reserve
that first corner section for the Marque of the Week. Sometimes British,
German, Italian, Ford, etc. I don't think I've ever been there when there
wasn't at least one $2,000,000+ car there.
Great fun. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

G'day

This probably a long shot.

On Saturday 9 August last I attended the weekly Cars and Coffee
gathering at the Ford establishment in Irving, California. I had no idea
that I was going until the night before and went along in an Alfa Romeo
Giulia Spider.

I may have missed some but noticed 3 Austin-Healeys in attendance, plus
stacks of interesting US cars. Yes I took photos of many of the cars,
especially the Austin-Healeys.

Was there anyone there from the list that I missed?

Hoo Roo

Patrick Quinn
Sydney, Australia

You are subscribed as rdavies1@cox.net