Re: [Healeys] Misleading Barrett Jackson promo material on BJ8

To: "F Ronald Rader" <f.ronald.rader@gmail.com>, "John Sims"
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Misleading Barrett Jackson promo material on BJ8
From: "Greg Lemon" <glemon@neb.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Jun 2009 13:36:20 -0500
Thanks Ron, last I checked they built the cars by the tens of thousands and
thousands survive, there are plenty of people interested in such cars and
buy them or have them
restored to original specs--and thats cool

There are people who want to make a Healey worth as much as it can be worth,
a very pretty driveable car, that is cool as well as long as the car is not
represented as something it is not,
if the buyer wants an original car they shouldn't buy one of these,
obviously some don't care about correct bolts and colors of the working bits
under the bonnnet.

Some want to make their street or race cars go faster, with period or modern
mods, cool too.

There are amatuers like me who do the best they can with the skills and
money they have do the most all the work themselves and enjoy their cars a
lot and that is really cool!

And lots of stuff in between.

Certainly we all have our own tastes, and there are types of cars we like
better than others, I for one will linger over a well preserved original
longer than a perfectly or near perfectly restored car.  But love them all,
and the differences in my opinion are a matter of taste and preference--not
"right" "wrong"
or "blame".

Greg Lemon