Re: [Healeys] Silicone DOT5 brakefluid for the 100

To: "Deikis, John G" <John.Deikis@va.gov>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Silicone DOT5 brakefluid for the 100
From: "Eric (Rick) Wilkins" <e-wilkins@cox.net>
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2009 15:06:11 -0800
Silicone is known to be more compressible than DOT 4. That's one of
the reasons that it is not used or recommended in ABS systems.

The fact that it doesn't absorb moisture is bad because instead of
suspending moisture, it can cause water to "settle" in brake parts
leading to water pockets and/or corrosion from same.

Wilko