Re: [Healeys] King Pin with needle bearings

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] King Pin with needle bearings
From: Stephen Hutchings <s.hutchings@rogers.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2010 14:42:14 -0500
OK, since we're getting into specifics; I've got most of the
components, including the roller bearings, together, but I won't be
putting them on the car until it's warmer. I've been wondering about
the shimming procedure for this, because I haven't done it before.
Is it like the front wheel bearing job(which I have done a couple of
times)  where you remove shims until you get the right end float
within a torque range? If so, what is the torque setting, because the
manual doesn't say.
To put it simply, when do you stop turning the nut, and assess the end float?

Stephen, BJ8