Re: [Healeys] Silicone vs Glycol (natural or otherwise) brake fluid

To: Jim Johnson <bmwwxman@gmail.com>, Colin Dodds <colin@spriteparts.com.au>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Silicone vs Glycol (natural or otherwise) brake fluid
From: Editorgary@aol.com
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2010 14:03:12 EDT
In a message dated 6/9/10 10:53:43 AM, bspidell@comcast.net writes:

> "The most savage controversies are those about matters as to which there
> is no good evidence either way."
>
> *--Bertrand Russell,
> British philosopher, logician, mathematician and historian* (and LBC
> owner, maybe?)

On a similar note:

"In any dispute the intensity of feeling is inversely proportional to the
value of the stakes at issue." By way of corollary, it adds: "That is why
academic politics are so bitter." Sayre's law is named after Wallace Stanley
Sayre (1905-1972), U.S. political scientist and professor at Columbia
University.

And not so related, but still appropriate in many instances -- could
occasionally be said about people on this list, if I were feeling really mean
and
cranky...

"Some people like a Slinky...Not really good for anything, but you still
can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs."

Cheers
Gary
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html