Re: [Healeys] FACEBOOK

To: Healeys <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] FACEBOOK
From: <robertduquette@sympatico.ca>
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2010 14:04:56 +0000
The way I see it is that this list is for people who are primarily interested
in Austin-Healeys and may digress.
I see Facebook as primarily acquaintance based ( family, friends ) and is also
used for "similar interests" which could include Austin-Healeys.

I don't think that one replaces the other.  ( and, I prefer the Spridgets and
Healey lists to Facebook. )
Robert Duquette

Ottawa ON Canada

1965 RHD BRG Austin-Healey Sprite ( project )

1967 RHD MG Midget ( aka: Miss Marple )

1955 Austin-Healey 100 BN1 ( aka: Carmen
)http://www3.sympatico.ca/robertduquette/temp/2009FallTour.jpg

> Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2010 09:23:00 -0400
> From: jagwarman@gmail.com
> To: healeys@autox.team.net
> Subject: [Healeys] FACEBOOK
>
> Tom, I am not trying to offend anyone here on this subject. I see people
who
> post on there every couple hours with terms such as . I am eating dinner or
> I am going to work or It may rain today or I think I will sleep in. The
> thing is they get no response to these quotes. Then there are the one who
> join Farmville and Family Fued and then they send you apps for this crap.
> These are the ones I am saying have no life . I was on Facebook about a
year
> and I find this Healey list much more interesting than Facebook. Sorry I
was
> being judgmental in your eyes or others. I will just say no more about
> Facebook then.
>
> On a different note I had a girlfriend who had four kids and they were all
> addicted to Myspace. I can tell you for a fact they had no life outside
> Myspace. They would sit on a computer 14 hours a day and not socialize in
> public. Thats not healthy. It seems Myspace is for a younger generation and
> Facebook is used by 30 and up.
>
> Personally I get more pleasure from a drive in the country by myself .
Shoot

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html