Re: [Healeys] FACEBOOK

To: Mike Brouillette <m.brouillette@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] FACEBOOK
From: Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2010 07:26:36 -0700
On a side note, I live and work in the Silicon Valley and have the
obligatory LinkedIn page (more professional and productive than FB, BTW,
and there is a small Healey group on there, too).  Anyway, occasionally
a recruiter will see my profile and send me some job info.  Although I'm
generally happy where I'm at, I'll take a shot now and then because,
well, just because.  Most of the postings are from some 'rapidly
growing,' 'next FB,' etc. kind of place.  A lot of them are some kind of
gaming site (Zynga-like).  They usually send a 'quiz,' and often there's
a question like 'are you a gamer?'; i.e. do you spend every free moment
in a dark room playing some stupid facsimile of real life, instead of,
say, actually living?  Last time, I answered 'No.  I drive fast cars and
fly airplanes.'

Wonder why I never hear back from these places?

bs

Bob Spidell           San Jose, CA            bspidell@comcast.net

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html