Re: [Healeys] oil pressure relief valve

To: Robert Blair <rnbmail@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] oil pressure relief valve
From: Oudesluys <coudesluijs@chello.nl>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2010 22:59:05 +0200
  I disagree. In a braking system the transmission of force/pressure has
to be instant and precise so no volume of air to compress can be allowed
as that would take to much travel from the brake pedal. The brake force
in relation to the force applied to the pedal would not change, although
you will never reach a decent force as the brake pedal cannot travel far
enough. In a pressure gauge it does not matter how much oil flows in the
line, there is plenty of it so with or without the air it will always
indicate the same pressure: the pressure the oil pump is delivering or
rather the opening pressure of the relief valve.
However I can imagine that without air in the line the gauge may vibrate
depending on the design of the oil pump.
Kees Oudesluijs.
NL

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type text/x-vcard which had a name of
coudesluijs.vcf]
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html