Re: [Healeys] oil pressure relief valve

To: "Oudesluys" <coudesluijs@chello.nl>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] oil pressure relief valve
From: "Paul Leeks" <Paull@glasgows.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2010 16:27:07 +0100
Hi Kees

Yes, it was more of a partial (and amateur!) rebuild.  I had blown a piston,
so I removed the head, cleaned up, replaced the pistons and exhaust valves
and put it all back together (with the original bearings).  I did, however,
mark up and photographed absolutely everything to ensure it all got replaced
in exactly the same place and right way round.  I didn't use any assembly
lube but I did drown everything in engine oil.  Not one for the purist I
suspect :-)

Best wishes

Paul