Re: [Healeys] oil pressure relief valve

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>, <robertduquette@sympatico.ca>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] oil pressure relief valve
From: "Paul Leeks" <Paull@glasgows.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2010 15:52:09 +0100
Robert

Yes, I had more oil pressure before the rebuild but I didn't touch (let alone
change) the oil pressure relief value/spring.  Now the pressure is low, so I
suppose, if it is the OPRV, then it must be due to it becoming blocked or
stuck rather than wear?

And, yes, the answer was air would make no difference to the pressure
reading, but I wouldn't know whether (or how) you could 'bleed' the line to
gauge?

Cheers

Paul

Message: 11