[Healeys] 100-Six with XK150 engine for sale

Subject: [Healeys] 100-Six with XK150 engine for sale
From: austin.healey at gmail.com (Chris Dimmock)
Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2011 01:18:29 +1000
Hey Tom,
I'm not bagging Jags in general....
I was just saying I loved the agricultural nature of Healeys. Fix it
yourself, make it go harder, whatever. You can look, think and
understand a Healey.
But, hey, while I'm on a roll...... Let's keep talking about E Types
specifically.
Can you tell me all the period competition successes of the 3.8 litre
E Type Tom?
Preferably the production versions
Not the 'lightweights' or the 'low drag' cars.
Your performance references were:
4.2 e type
XK 140
How many times did a 3.8 E Type win Sebring? Le Mans? A rally? A land
speed record? A bet? Anything other than a "all E type Jag race"?
Oh. Anywhere except in Australia. I know about their success here -
but hey, some Aussies know how to fettle anything to win!!
Even an E Type!! And Bob Jane??
Seriously.
;-)
Chris
PS and that nasty boy had a Healey solid rear axle. Weren't E types
independent rear ends?
Sent from my iPhone