Re: [Healeys] Smiths Gauge

To: healeys@autox.team.net, dwflagg@juno.com
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Smiths Gauge
From: "J. Scott Morris" <jstmorris@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2012 08:38:50 -0800 (PST)
Hello Doug;  I have gone through the Smiths catalogue [S. Smith & Sons
(Canada) Ltd 1949-1962] and have found the applications listed below.  A brief
review of later catalogues up to 1980 seem to all use the later code.  It
looks as if 1956 was a cutoff year.  Your gauge was not listed but then the
catalogues I have are certainly not all-inclusive.  Hope this helps somewhat.

Oil Temperature Gauges

Make / Model                                      Year       Original
Code       Superseded Code
Austin Healey 100 BN1-2                 53-56     20933/139            TG
1302/17
MG TC & TD                                       49-53
20933/3                 TG 1501/14
Morris Minor                                        49-54
20933/130            TG 1502/12
Morris Oxford                                      49-53
20933/131            TG 1502/13
Standard 8 & 10                                  53-56
20933/240            TG 1502/27

--Scott Morris; Simcoe, Ontario - Keep Smiling, Murphy Lives

--- On Wed, 2/1/12, dwflagg@juno.com <dwflagg@juno.com> wrote:<< Would anyone
know the application for Smiths Oil Temp gauge X 20933/222,  calibrated from
30 - 110 deg. centigrade. >>