Re: [Healeys] Smiths Gauge

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Smiths Gauge
From: Charlie Baldwin <mgcharlie@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 02 Feb 2012 14:05:59 -0500
Seeing this list makes me wonder what is similar in all of those with
the same base 20933 number.  An Austin-Healey 100 gauge face would be
black, and MG TC or TD would be a blue/green color, and a Morris Minor
would be silver (maybe), so the color of the gauge must not be it.
Would it be the general overall design and the range of the gauge that
puts them in the same family?  Certainly any of them would have to have
a provision for the sender to be placed in the oil pan somehow.
Perhaps someone can explain the Smiths numbering system.
Thanks.
Charlie

On 2/2/2012 11:38 AM, J. Scott Morris wrote:
> Hello Doug;  I have gone through the Smiths catalogue [S. Smith&  Sons
> (Canada) Ltd 1949-1962] and have found the applications listed below.  A brief
> review of later catalogues up to 1980 seem to all use the later code.  It
> looks as if 1956 was a cutoff year.  Your gauge was not listed but then the
> catalogues I have are certainly not all-inclusive.  Hope this helps somewhat.
>
> Oil Temperature Gauges
>
> Make / Model                                      Year       Original
> Code       Superseded Code
> Austin Healey 100 BN1-2                 53-56     20933/139            TG
> 1302/17
> MG TC&  TD                                       49-53
> 20933/3                 TG 1501/14
> Morris Minor                                        49-54
> 20933/130            TG 1502/12
> Morris Oxford                                      49-53
> 20933/131            TG 1502/13
> Standard 8&  10                                  53-56
> 20933/240            TG 1502/27
>
> --Scott Morris; Simcoe, Ontario - Keep Smiling, Murphy Lives
>
> --- On Wed, 2/1/12, dwflagg@juno.com<dwflagg@juno.com>  wrote:<<  Would anyone
> know the application for Smiths Oil Temp gauge X 20933/222,  calibrated from
> 30 - 110 deg. centigrade.>>
>
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
>http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/mgcharlie@comcast.net

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type text/x-vcard which had a name of
mgcharlie.vcf]