Re: [Healeys] Fuel Pump query

To: Simon Lachlan <simon.lachlan@homecall.co.uk>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Fuel Pump query
From: Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2012 06:24:56 -0800
Sounds normal to me; every pump I've had in my BJ8--I have several, including
solid state--does the same thing.  In
fact, they probably fire more often than 90 sec.

Theoretically, once 'pumped-up,' the pump wouldn't fire again until engine
start--theoretically--but I suspect some fuel
leaks past the inlet valve in the pump.  At any rate, you're not going to sit
for long with the ignition on without
starting the engine else bad things could happen (hot coil, for one).

Bob

--
Bob Spidell           San Jose, CA            bspidell@comcast.net