Re: [Healeys] Fuel Pump query

To: "'Simon Lachlan'" <simon.lachlan@homecall.co.uk>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Fuel Pump query
From: "Skip Saunders" <tfsbj7@mindspring.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2012 10:10:55 -0500
One possibility is a leaky diaphragm.... it pumps up pressure, but fuel
leaks (backflows) through the pump.  Thus allowing pressure to drop on the
output side of the pump.   The pump responds with a click every 90 seconds
as it tries to keep the pressure up.

This is potentially the sign of an "about to fail" pump.... If the diaphragm
leaks a little now, it will soon leak a lot and fail to maintain pressure.
Suggestion: rebuild (or replace) the pump.

Thanks
-skip-
BJ7, BJ8