Re: [Healeys] Fuel Pump query

To: simon.lachlan@homecall.co.uk, healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Fuel Pump query
From: Larry Wendland <bighealey3k@aim.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2012 11:07:31 -0500 (EST)
Simon,  The check valves (there are two) have little plastic discs in them
that act as reeds and one of them maybe leaking back a little.  It is all
internal and should not cause any problem until the reed fails all together
and then the pump will run continuously because of the check valve bypassing.
As long as the pump can keep up with demand, there shouldn't be a problem.
There is probably a source for these check valves out there.  The list should
be able to provide a source.  When I need one, I had an old pump that failed
for some other reason and I robbed the check valve to fix my one that was in
use that ran on and wouldn't build up pressure.  The bad check valve had a
reed disc that split down the middle.   Hope this helps.

Larry
'67 BJ8