[Healeys] Aluminum Radiator

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] Aluminum Radiator
From: "Simon Lachlan" <simon.lachlan@homecall.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2014 14:02:21 +0100
1) I had my original rad recored and it was more efficient. (Only did it
because the old one was knackered).
2) A sleeved thermostat, per the originals, does help. I was able to get
some, correct temp, from a Morgan man on eBay.
3) I now have a new rad from Ahead4Healeys, here in UK. It's copper but they
claim it to be higher performance than the originals ie it's presumably got
more core(s). (Installed as part of the repairs after that clown backed into
me).
4) The previous rad had been seeping where it had a blanking plug per rads
which had temp sensor in rad. I took out the plug, cleaned the thread, wound
on some ptfe tape and refitted it. (All in the hope that the rad could be
reused and more because I was in a hurry to get car back on road for trip to
Ireland). Anyhow, my efforts or the (maybe a bit) stronger coolant or the
accident had disturbed the solder/braze and the plug leaked big time.

I throw these into the knowledge pool...ie watch those plugs and look out
for sleeved thermostats.
Talking of plugs and pun intended....a quick plug for Ahead4Healeys. They
are most helpful, carry decent stock and will expedite when emergency
didtates.
Simon