Re: [Healeys] water pumps and other repro parts

To: Healey Bruce <healeybruce@roadrunner.com>, healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] water pumps and other repro parts
From: Larry Varley <varley@cosmos.net.au>
Date: Sun, 01 Mar 2015 20:24:32 +1100
Hi Bruce, no surprise in your reply. I would like to point out that we
should not look to the many restorers out there that do a magnificent
job at restoring our cars to a far higher standard than they were ever
built to originally. There are some real craftsmen out there. However
they can also only use the parts that are available. We all need to let
the original suppliers of faulty parts know we don't see it as
acceptable otherwise the problems will continue. And if quality
replacements are not available some measure of none original
modifications should be seen as acceptable. I have great sympathy for
the restorers out there doing their best to produce quality
craftsmanship and let down by poor quality parts.
Regards
Larry Varley