Re: [Healeys] Temperature sender--radiator fitting thread

To: Michael Oritt <michael.oritt@gmail.com>, Michael Salter <michaelsalter@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Temperature sender--radiator fitting thread
From: David Porter <frogeye@porterscustom.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2015 06:10:45 -0600
Cc: Austin Healey <healeys@autox.team.net>
--===============0941007681951241356==
 boundary="------------020307040107090907010202"

--------------020307040107090907010202

Michael,
  I have a couple old temp senders I use on customers cars.. remove the
bulb and glob some brass over the opening..
dp

--
Dave Porter Porter Custom Bicycles 2909 Arno St. NE Albuquerque, NM
87107 505-352-1378 Go HERE: my world www.porterbikes.com/

--------------020307040107090907010202

  <head>
      http-equiv="Content-Type">
  </head>
    Michael,<br>
     I have a couple old temp senders I use on customers cars.. remove
    the bulb and glob some brass over the opening..<br>
    dp<br>
      wrote:<br>
cite="mid:CAPTa0B7rP4XKN5iXbk=qHTnJBowo13Nu7xa1xyMMVZ+ZdRAsQg@mail.gmail.com"
      type="cite">
          source "locally" and I would appreciate your sending one.  If
          you need it back I would be happy to return it after I get the
          gauge/sender bulb back from being repaired.  If you would
          rather sell it I would be happy to purchase it as this problem
          might present itself again in another 50 or so years.  </div>
          how you would like to proceed.  In the meantime I must say
          that I kind of enjoy driving the car with no functioning water
          temp gauge and so far as I know I have not once overheated in
          traffic.</div>
          that since I will have to remove the "safety gauge" I will
          also have to deal with blanking off the OP sending line at one
          end or other of the flex hose.  Do you know what thread is
          used and where I could obtain either a cap for the fitting
          where it comes out of the block or a plug where the copper
          line attaches to the flex line?</div>
          Oritt</div>
          Michael Salter <span dir="ltr">&lt;<a moz-do-not-send="true"
              href="mailto:michaelsalter@gmail.com";
target="_blank">michaelsalter@gmail.com</a>&gt;</span>
          wrote:<br>
            .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">
                ms,sans-serif;font-size:small">Hi Michael,<br>
                Just measured the threads on the nipple on a BN1
                radiator.<br>
                I get  20 T.P.I. with  0.650" O.D.<br>
                ms,sans-serif;font-size:small">There is no thread like
                that on any of my thread tables so I suspect that it may
                be a Smiths special.<br>
                ms,sans-serif;font-size:small">If you can find someone
                with a 6 cylinder radiator they all have the same nipple
                on them which is not used and on that nipple is a
                special cap...part # AHB5401 which is what I use in your
                situation.<br>
                ms,sans-serif;font-size:small">I have one in stock which
                I will gladly send you if you can't find something
                locally.<br>
                ms,sans-serif;font-size:small">Michael S<br>
                ms,sans-serif;font-size:small">BN1 #174<br>
                <a moz-do-not-send="true"
                  href="http://www.netbug.net/blogmichael/";
                  target="_blank">http://www.netbug.net/blogmichael/</a><br>
                ms,sans-serif;font-size:small"><br>
                ms,sans-serif;font-size:small"><br>
                    Michael Oritt <span dir="ltr">&lt;<a
                        moz-do-not-send="true"
                        href="mailto:michael.oritt@gmail.com";
                        target="_blank"><a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated"
                    wrote:<br>
                  .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">
                          style="color:rgb(51,51,255)">I forgot to
                          mention that this is on a BN1:</div>
                            style="color:rgb(51,51,255)"><br>
                            style="color:rgb(51,51,255)">
                              style="font-size:12.8px"><i>"I must remove
                                the temperature gauge and sender from my
                                car for repair.  I would like to cap off
                                the radiator fitting so that I can run
                                the car in the interim.  </i></div>
                              style="font-size:12.8px"><i><br>
                              </i></div>
                              style="font-size:12.8px"><i>Does anyone
                                have an idea what is the thread at the
                                radiator aperture or a suggestion as to
                                how I can go about doing this?"</i></div>
                              style="font-size:12.8px"><i><br>
                              </i></div>
                              style="font-size:12.8px">Best--Michael
                              Oritt</div>
                              2015 at 7:31 AM, Michael Oritt <span
                                dir="ltr">&lt;<a moz-do-not-send="true"
                                  href="mailto:michael.oritt@gmail.com";

target="_blank">michael.oritt@gmail.com</a>&gt;</span>
                              wrote:<br>
                                style="margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px
                                #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">
                                    style="color:#3333ff">I must remove
                                    the temperature gauge and sender
                                    from my car for repair.  I would
                                    like to cap off the radiator fitting
                                    so that I can run the car in the
                                    interim.  </div>
                                    style="color:#3333ff"><br>
                                    style="color:#3333ff">Does anyone
                                    have an idea what is the thread at
                                    the radiator aperture or a
                                    suggestion as to how I can go about
                                    doing this?</div>
                                    style="color:#3333ff"><br>
                                    style="color:#3333ff">Best--Michael
                                    Oritt</div>
class="">_______________________________________________<br>
                    Support Team.Net <a moz-do-not-send="true"
                      href="http://www.team.net/donate.html";
                      rel="noreferrer"
target="_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
                    Suggested annual donation  $12.75<br>
                    Archive: <a moz-do-not-send="true"
                      href="http://www.team.net/archive";
                      rel="noreferrer"
target="_blank">http://www.team.net/archive</a><br>
                    Forums: <a moz-do-not-send="true"
                      href="http://www.team.net/forums"; rel="noreferrer"
                      target="_blank">http://www.team.net/forums</a><br>
                    <a moz-do-not-send="true"
                      href="mailto:Healeys@autox.team.net";
                      target="_blank">Healeys@autox.team.net</a><br>
                    <a moz-do-not-send="true"
                      href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys";
                      rel="noreferrer"
target="_blank">http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</a><br>
                  Unsubscribe/Manage: <a moz-do-not-send="true"
href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/michaelsalter@gmail.com";
                    rel="noreferrer"
target="_blank">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/michaelsalter@gmail.com</a><br>
                  -- <br>
                                style="color:black">If you can't fix it
                                with a hammer, you've got an electrical
      <pre wrap="">_______________________________________________
href="http://www.team.net/archive";>http://www.team.net/archive</a>
Forums: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
href="http://www.team.net/forums";>http://www.team.net/forums</a>

<a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated"
href="mailto:Healeys@autox.team.net";>Healeys@autox.team.net</a>
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys";>http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</a>

</pre>
      Dave Porter
      Porter Custom Bicycles
      2909 Arno St. NE
      Albuquerque, NM 87107
      505-352-1378
      Go HERE: my world <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated"
href="http://www.porterbikes.com/";>www.porterbikes.com/</a>

--------------020307040107090907010202--