Re: [Healeys] Overdrive Question

To: Michael Salter <michaelsalter@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Overdrive Question
From: Austin Healeys List <austinhealeyslist@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2016 11:28:49 +1300
Cc: Healey List <healeys@autox.team.net>
Hi Michael,

The other aspect is that the hydraulic pistons apply about a ton of
force forwards to the brake ring when engaging plus a rotational force
which will move things around a bit. Then there is the differential
expansion of ali and steel. The best sealant in the world won't be any
use if the flanges keep opening up and moving around. Maybe the
factory just gave up on trying to seal it, after all there are plenty
of other intentional leaks on these cars.

Andy.