[Healeys] Clutch bleeder?

Subject: [Healeys] Clutch bleeder?
From: sbyers at ec.rr.com (BJ8Healeys)
Date: Fri, 12 May 2017 06:32:41 -0400
I was fortunate to get his clutch bleeder extension for my BJ8 before Mr.
Reid's untimely passing a few years ago.  To my knowledge, no one is
carrying on the production of these extensions, but it was the inspiration
for my attempt just within the last week to reproduce the idea on my MG
Midget.  My local auto parts store was able to provide me with a pre-made
hard line with fittings on each end to accommodate screwing into the bleeder
threads on the slave cylinder, and to attach the bleed screw to the other
end.  It works fine to bleed that inaccessible bleed port on the cylinder
from a point next to the clutch reservoir.  The only problem is that the
line is a copper alloy, which is susceptible to work hardening and fatigue
cracking from vibrations from the engine, and is a bit too long.  There is
no convenient place on the Midget engine to secure the line after it leaves
the slave cylinder and still provide access to the bleeder.  The excess
length required a few bends to accommodate it.  It's still a work in
progress, I think.

Steve Byers
HBJ8L/36666
BJ8 Registry