[Healeys] Cold Cranking Amps

Subject: [Healeys] Cold Cranking Amps
From: warthodson at aol.com (warthodson at aol.com)
Date: Thu, 17 May 2018 12:25:20 -0400
My suggestion is to first determine why your car is "hard to start in the
winter". My 3000 sits all winter (in Kansas) without being started. In the
spring it starts after cranking for 5-10 seconds.
I have a trickle charger that I connect to the battery periodically. I measure
the battery voltage & if it dips below about 12.5 volts I attach the trickle
charger. My battery is an Odyssey PC1200 (CCA = 630). According to Odssey 12.5
volts is 75% charged. 12.84 is 100% charged. These are steady state figures,
assuming the battery has not been on the charger for at lease 1 day & has not
recently been used to start the car.
When I hear that a car is hard to start in the winter the first thing I would
check is the proper operation of the choke. Fuel enrichment not fast idle,
depending upon the carbs on your BT7.
Gary Hodson