Re: [Healeys] Wheels/Tires

To: "'Max Byers'" <sbyers@ec.rr.com>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Wheels/Tires
From: <simon.lachlan@alexarevel.plus.com>
Date: Sat, 4 Jan 2020 17:20:24 -0000
I had a 48 spoker collapse on me with my first 3000. I was at Trinity in
Dublin. I was younger and even more foolish then (+/-21*) and there were,
seemingly at least, no rules relating to traffic in general and
foreign-registered cars in particular. So, yes, I was probably driving like an
idiot. But having fun.
It collapsed fairly gently as I recall, so no great harm was done. Main issue
was getting the thing fixed as there were no spokes in Ireland and the import
duty was ridiculous.
My current car had 48 which I swapped over to chrome Dunlop 60s which, touch
wood, have done me well for about 15 years.
*long time ago!
Simon