Re: Berkley production line

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Berkley production line
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 1999 18:07:56 -0800
I was having a discussion with Lee Kennedy on the rear spoiler stuff and he
was talking about gray areas.... and interpretation of the rules...Lots
easier when your towing from LA... when your making a 5000 mile round
trip... you know it is harder to guess at what is going to be okay.... I
took pictures of cars that were in my class while I was there and am now
comparing notes on what I have Vs what they look like... that should help
with tech I would think...

As far as the Safety stuff.... I am going strictly by the book or a little
beyond...My Partner Brad.... keeps coming up with rules outta the NHRA book
as references... Like the wheel stud issue.... and some of it makes sense
to go by.. as it may in fact be a bit safer...

Keith

----------
> From: John Beckett <johnbeck@blueridge.cc.nc.us>
> To: Keith Turk <kturk@ala.net>; V4GR@aol.com; land-speed@autox.team.net
> Subject: Re: Berkley production line
> Date: Friday, March 19, 1999 8:38 AM
>
>       Well it's not quite like NASCAR, but interpretation does play a part.
> However original means just that. Contour means the original shape, no
> modifications and really no interpretation. Of course in some of these
> cases there is a chopped top which adds to the confusion, because part of
> the contour is now legaly changed.
>       When you get a Berkley or Sonett vehicle, that are so obscure that most
of
> us don't know what the original was, things slip by. Ah, it's all part of
> the excitement.
>
>       JB
>

> At 10:40 PM 3/18/99 -0800, Keith Turk wrote:
> >Isn't the rules interpretation what this is all about.... Just how far
can
> >I push my luck.... and my interpretation of what represents the Body
from
> >the Cowl Back?...
> >
> >I read the rules and looked a George's car... and decided then and
there...
> >that if it ran at Bonneville and wasn't protested.. and did Pass TECH..
and