[Top] [All Lists]

RE: Happy Windshield New Year

To: MG List <>
Subject: RE: Happy Windshield New Year
From: Shel Bercovich <>
Date: Tue, 02 Jan 1996 20:04:06 -0700 (MST)
It's called a "bar clamp" or sometimes, a "woodworker's gluing clamp". 
The latter says it all. There are two types: a) just the two pieces for 
the ends, through which one can put a 1/2" or 3/4" pipe as long as 
desired; b) set-length with a relatively flat bar of metal between the two 
ends. IMS, the included-bar type only goes to 42" Don't know if this is 
sufficient for a B windscreen.
--                                                              \/
Shel Bercovich                    /\
Join the Trail Riders of the Canadian Rockies (Non-Profit)     /  \
        "Come Ride with Us in Banff National Park"            / /\ \

On Tue, 2 Jan 1996, craig wiper wrote:
> I once changed the windshield glass between two B's. It was fairly easy up
> to the point of squeezing the whole assembly back together. I used a 5 to 6
> foot vise that my dad happened to leave here when he moved. It is a vise on
> a very long screw; I'm not sure what the proper name for it is. You can turn
> the crank on one end and the jaws slowly screw together. With the aid of
> this tool, I was able to cinch the assembly back together (with all new
> rubber seals, mind you) in less than an hour. Oh yeah, I had to make sure I
> was being _very_ careful not to put too much pressure on the glass.

<Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread>