RE: MGA Radiator

To: Ed McCarroll <EMCCARROLL@magnum.mco.edu>
Subject: RE: MGA Radiator
From: Ernest <lawref@lawref.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Dec 96 12:22:50 -0800
Ed -

I am given to understand that aged coolent can actually become the reason the
joints fail. The tank can be re-soldered easily with a propane or acetolene
only torch. But I would take it to the radiator shop. The shop I use first
strips the paint, then unsolders all joints, inspects everything, resolders,
and paints it anew. A B radiator that needed nothing more cost me $60 while the
radiator for my A coupe, which needed an entire new core and petcock, cost
$265. I hate cooling problems so I send radiators out.

And beware the hazmat team if you do it yourself. They don't like radiators or
coolent.

Ernest