Re: MGF? No, merci

To: "MG digest submit" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: MGF? No, merci
From: Phil Raby <mgworld@chp.ltd.uk>
Date: Sat, 13 Dec 97 10:29:26 -0000
On 13/12/97 9:04 am mgs-owner@autox.team.net said

>I've never seen an MGF in the flesh, only in magazine photos.  The Mazda
>Miata seems more like the proper evolutionary successor to the MGB in both
>looks and concept.  The MGF with its ungainly appearance mid-engine seems
>more like an updated Fiat 850 or something.
>
>I have driven MGB's for 25 years, and still own one.  Last year I bought a
>'91 Miata and it is a fine automobile.  Too bad the British couldn't have
>built it.

You should drive an MGF before you make a judgement, it is FAR superior
to the Miata/MX5, which did not advance sports car technology one iota.
I'm glad Rover didn't go along the retro route and just do a rehashed B.
If you look back over the years, MG has always produced modern,
up-to-date cars, which makes the F a true evolutionary successor to the B.

Philip Raby
Editor, MG World
PO Box 163, Bicester OX6 3YS, UK
Tel: 01869 340061 Fax: 01869 340063 Mobile 0467 767361
www.chp.ltd.uk