Re: MGF? No, merci

To: MGS@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: MGF? No, merci
From: Donald Scott <scottdon@napanet.net>
Date: Sat, 13 Dec 1997 09:32:44 -0800
>You should drive an MGF before you make a judgement, it is FAR superior
>to the Miata/MX5, which did not advance sports car technology one iota.
>I'm glad Rover didn't go along the retro route and just do a rehashed B.
>If you look back over the years, MG has always produced modern,
>up-to-date cars, which makes the F a true evolutionary successor to the B.
>

>Philip Raby
>Editor, MG World
>PO Box 163, Bicester OX6 3YS, UK
>Tel: 01869 340061 Fax: 01869 340063 Mobile 0467 767361
>www.chp.ltd.uk

Philip,

I love MG's just like you do.  An important part of that love is the
physical appearance of the cars.  I've owned many different MG sports cars,
and just looking at their beautiful lines makes me smile.  I still remember
when I saw my first new MGB in 1962.  Iris blue it was, and soooo good
looking.  I even think Farina-bodied MG's are pretty, and I love the lines
of all the MG sports cars, up to the rubber bumper cars.  After that, my
love interests have gone to other places (like Japan).  To me, for the
complete love affair, the car must arrest me with its looks.  The MGF leaves
me cold.  Even if it drives wonderfully, it ain't enough.

Don Scott