Re: MGF? No, merci

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: MGF? No, merci
From: Benjamin Ruset <bruset@monmouth.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Dec 1997 00:11:22 -0500
>You talk about hair-dressers cars.  Add the MGF to the list.  It'll fit
>right in with the Miata, MX2, RX-whatever.  At least the Germans are doing
>something imaginative and in the process looking back to their roots.  The
>soul of any truly sporting machine is not just in the driving.  If the
>great cars of the past were ugly they would be forgotten now.

Man. I agree with everything you say.

Except for your RX-whatever.

The Mazda Rx-7 was (and still is!) light years ahead of it's time! The
bloody car has NO PISTONS, but it's little 1.6 liter rotary engine will eat
any Mustang 5.0 for breakfast. The Rx-7 isn't just an every day plain jane
hairdresser's car. I mean, come on, how many hairdressers redline at 7k?

The Miata is a "dress down" car for rich people, at least in my area. The
people who want a break from their Lexii, Mercedes, and me-too-SUV's. The
Mx-2/Probe is nice, but is a teenager's car. The Rx-7 is a nice no-BS all
out fast car, that doesn't try to tone itself down. It's fun. No, it's not
an LBC, but it has a lot of charm for itself.

Oh well, enough of my soapbox oratory. I'm sure the lynch mob will disagree
with me, tell me I'm a heathen, etc. Flame me in private mail.

BEN RUSET - mailto:bruset@monmouth.com

See, think, and judge for yourself;
Do not let society do these things for you.
Safety Fast! - http://www.infi-pos.com/~oasis
Crossroads   - http://www.monmouth.com/~bruset
^^^ Personal Homepage