'66 B won't roll

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: '66 B won't roll
From: Chris Rogers <TravelMW@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Sat, 02 Jan 1999 16:03:16 -0600
Have been disassembling a '66B, named Treasure by a member of this list,
since October or so, and between it and the '64B, my garage has been
full. Well, SO has had to brush snow off of the windows twice this week
and threatened to have an MG sale while I am in San Diego next week.
Thought I'd be a nice guy and get the '66 out of the garage and push it
onto the patio behind the house and cover it up with a tarp until
spring. Went to push it and not a budge. Got the tow cable and thought I
might pull it out a bit to maybe break anything free that might be
sticking. Pulled it halfway out and found that rear wheels were locked
up tight. Front wheels roll freely. Managed to get a floor jack under
the rear end and with lots of tugging and straining, got it back into
the garage.
Where does one begin on this problem? Car has no engine, emergency brake
cable is loose and hanging on the ground, (handbrake handle is in the
down position and was not able to be moved when I got the car). The car
rolled freely as recently as Thanksgiving weekend. Been cold here, in
the low teens F during the day and near zero or below at night. This car
has been through a flood (completely immersed). Would it be a stretch to
think the differential was full of water and has now frozen? Any other
suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Chris Rogers
'64B and a firmly planted '66B