Long Drive, different country

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Long Drive, different country
From: "Rob Bergstrom" <robbob@ignmail.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 1999 16:02:07 -0000
Hello all,
   Don't submit (succumb?) to the list too often but when I do it's always
worth it (I read it everyday, of course).  I'm planning a cross-country trip in
the B for this spring from about mid-April to the end of May, starting from
Maryland. I do have to be in California by mid-May, but for the most part I'll
just be poking my way slowly across the country, seeing what I can see.  Which
is where the list's collective expertise comes in.  I need to know about shows
and rallies and such (when's that one in Dallas Dennis?).  Any other points of
interest that you think I should check out, even if it's not particularly
MG-related, would also be appreciated.  Let me know what some of your favorite
back roads are. I'll be taking a southerly route for the trip out, maybe go
more northern on the way back.  No OD, so the more backroads the better.
   Any other advice would be appreciated as well.  I still have Mike Lishego's
emergency parts list from hell saved ;) on my desktop so I have a pretty good
idea of what I need there.  How was your 'long drive' across Australia, whoever
that was (Eric?)?  Also, are there some emergency phone lists out there to be
had?
I'm pretty confident (most-likely over confident) in my ability to fix the car
if it gets into trouble, but you never know.
Thanks in advance.

In search of a fine ride,
Rob B.
'74 B

IGNMail, the coolest free e-mail on the planet, tells people that you are a
hardcore gamer.