RE: Group 26 battery

To: "Ross Overcash" <jroverca@tiac.net>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Group 26 battery
From: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>
Date: Thu, 20 May 1999 17:34:32 -0600
At 06:52 PM 5/20/99 -0400, Ross Overcash wrote:
>Dave while I can't give an opinion about switching to a group 26 battery,
>I'm doing it for purely economic reasons. You do raise a point about the
>plastic battery box liners.  The 6 volts fit just fine, but will a group 26
>also fit?  Anyone out there with the answer??
>
>Ross Overcash
>74B
>NAMGBR 1172
>Ayer, MA
>http://www.tiac.net/users/jroverca/index.htm

I may have the answer to that question tommorrow or Saturday. I'll probably
pull out the battery box and take it with me before I purchase the group 26
battery.
It may be a tight fit because the group 26 battery in the 67BGT only came
out because it had a handle on it to yank it out. And that is just in the
bin without the liner. So unless there are variations on the size of the
battery, if it fits, it will be snug or tight.

I'll probably go to the same vendor that has been selling me the 6 volt
batteries the past 15 or so years. That way if it doesn't fit, I can just
stay with the 6 volters.

David