Re: Top (Hood) ideas, please

To: "MG LIST" <mgs@autox.team.net>, "Kulka, Matt" <Matt.Kulka@hboc.com>
Subject: Re: Top (Hood) ideas, please
From: "Dan Ray" <danray@bluegrass.net>
Date: Thu, 27 May 1999 12:26:03 -0500
I would strongly advise against installing a new top in cold weather!
You won't get a "good fit" if the vinyl is stiff, period. It will generally
be a PITA just getting everything to line up if the vinyl isn't "warm and
floppy". Best thing is to install a new top in WARM weather but don't fit it
like a drum, just make it firm but give it room to contract. After this,
leave the top up during the whole cold season, so it doesn't contract as
it's stretched out.

Dan
73 B