Re: MG withdddrawls

To: EMPcoLWE@aol.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: MG withdddrawls
From: "Kai M. Radicke" <kradick1@ic3.ithaca.edu>
Date: Sat, 06 Nov 1999 20:29:39 -0500
>     Those of you who get to drive your MGs take a drive for me, would you?
> Just say "This one's for that Lurker guy, Eric" As you take off. And those
of
> you near Vallejo, California might notice some guy at a bus station
looking
> enviously at your MG, or waving enthusiastically as you drive by. Don't
> worry, it's just me.
>     Safety fast.
>     Eric (recovering nicely, but slowly!)
>     59 MGA

Buses suck.  I am in withdrawl also.  Since August 20th, 1999 (~3:30pm).  I
have neither my TR6 or MGB to drive or toy with.

I stood at the bus stop from 5:50pm until 6:30pm waiting for the #12 bus to
take me to Cornell U which should have come at 6:10pm, and it did not come.
The #11 bus came though, but it does not go to Cornell.  Public
transportation is bad, I will be doing a lot more walking.

I have to get by with drooling over Fiats and Porsches in town, I've only
seen one MG since August 21st.  I imagine that every British car here rusted
away with in five years, Ithaca NY is not nice to metal in the winter... you
should see the cars here, I do not know how they pass inspection with all
the rust (fenders falling off, holes clear through fender wells, bumpers
rotting off... like automobile leprosy).

Rick, the next time you see my mother at a show... mention all the harm that
is being caused to me because I'm am deprived of my sports cars!

Sigh,

Kai ( who now has to explain to his date why he wasn't there when she gets
home... )

1974 Triumph TR6
1966 MGB