Re: Felons wanted (at least their advice)

To: tdelve@mathworks.com
Subject: Re: Felons wanted (at least their advice)
From: michael j robson <miker15@juno.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 1999 14:41:15 -0500

On Thu, 11 Nov 1999 23:47:12 -0500 Trefor Delve <tdelve@mathworks.com>
writes:
> OK, I have a 74 1/2 MGB and this is the situation,
>
> Put a bag in the trunk of the car, drove home (about 5 mins), can't
> open
> the damn trunk.  Button goes in but lid wont lift.
>
> Anyone have any good suggestions before I break out the high
> explosives
> or cutting gear!
>
> Thanks,
>
> Trefor

Relatively easy on a GT -
climb inside the car, put the back seat down -
now take a phillips screwdriver and lying on your stomach remove the
plate over the lock
mechanism on the inside of the rear hatch -
once this is removed, the bet is a pound to a pinch of sh*t that the
screw in the centre of
the lock is loose and the flange that moves with the key to lock and
unlock is floating
loosely in the locked position! - if this is so it is easy to get the
hatch open wherafter
you can reassemble the mechanism.

mike robson
69 roadster