Re: Pertronix Ignitor failure

To: "Kai M. Radicke" <kmr@pil.net>
Subject: Re: Pertronix Ignitor failure
From: Charley & Peggy Robinson <ccrobins@ktc.com>
Date: Sun, 06 Aug 2000 06:47:03 -0500
All,

  Try cleaning the low voltage ignition connections, especially on the
tach.  I had this problem too; engine ran smoothly on points, misfired
on the Crane and later on the Pertronix.  When two new electronic
ignition systems malfunctioned shortly after installation, I decided
that the fault might be in my '69 B's wiring.  The main prob was the
bullet connectors on the shunt tach.  Since I cleaned those connections
the Pertronix has functioned flawlessly for a couple of years.

  I reason that the electronic ignitions draw more current than the
points & condenser setup, so the resistance in corroded connections has
greater effect.

  I still carry a spare breaker plate with points and condenser
installed, JIC. ;^)

  Cheers,

  CR